They record information about your generic computer settings, how you connect to the Internet i.e. your operating system/platform, IP address, browsing history, browsing times on our website and your location.
The majority of web browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can modify the settings of your browser, to erase cookies or prevent automatically accepting them.
We have listed below the means by which you can control the use of these cookies. Please bear in mind though, that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just ours.
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE - the mobile version is at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for mobile versions)
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Blackberries: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy
Now the cookies we are interested in are purely for visitor purposes, to help us track who visits our site. We do this through the implementation of Google Analytics.
Google use analytics cookies to monitor how visitors move around a website and how they found it. For example, Google use these cookies to see total (not individual) figures on how often a site is visited, average time spent on a site and the most viewed pages on a site.
You can opt out of these if you want by going to Google: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If you still have any queries on how cookies are used through-out this website, please do not hesitate to get in touch.