Business Development Manager.
Main Purpose of Job: We’re looking for a flexible and versatile sales professional who will mainly assist in the growth of new business. We are looking to employ a person who will be responsible for the new business sales number, finding and converting prospects into new clients.
Working Arrangements: The position offered is based out of the clients Newcastle Head Office; your role will require you to visit customers, attend networking events and be the face of the business.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00–17:00 with 1hr for lunch (although extended hours may be required for project deadlines.) We have a flexible approach to business but expect the same in turn from our team.
Relationships: Reporting directly to the CEO
- A can do approach with experience / strong knowledge of the Software Development market, working in agency type roles previously.
- Confident outgoing approach to sales, with an ability to connect with people either in person or on the telephone and build long term relationships.
- Working knowledge of CRM Systems.
- A confident presenter, with a proven track record of making pitches to new customers – a real winner.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- A creative approach to sales.
- Highly organised and confident.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage own work load whilst providing regular updates to the CEO.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a new business role
- Likely to have worked recently in a 20-50 person company and understand the likely resources available.
Main Tasks of Job:
1. Actively prospecting to find at least 50% of our new business sales opportunities.
2. Responding to in bound enquiries and progressing all the sales through a rigorous process.
3. Clear understanding of how to qualify opportunities thoroughly and to maintain a complete prospect list and accurate forecast.
4. Meeting prospects face to face and developing new sales opportunities for the company.
5. Winning business and providing accurate hand over of won business to the delivery teams.
6. The successful candidate will be experienced in winning £50k+ projects and have a track record of exceeding sales targets.
7. Some understanding of marketing would be helpful as the businesses brand name requires developing and awareness raising.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
In return, you will:
- Be supported by a passionate, expert team
- Receive great benefits and holiday package
- Have an amazing opportunity to progress your career
- Flexibility to work from home and the office...dictate the balance that suits you
If this sounds like what you’re looking for – please get in touch, along with your Cover Letter and CV highlighting your skills and experience which illustrates your suitability for the role.