Product Owner/Business Analyst.
Product Owner/Business Analyst.
Intermediate to Senior
£20,000 - £30,000, depending on experience.
down we go
Role: Product Owner/Business Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Project Operations and Management
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000, depending on experience.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our project team at Boxmodel. We are specialist software architects that deliver bespoke business solutions to National and International organisations. Be it a simple web presence, or a complex application, we manage, design build Bespoke Software, Business Critical Solutions and phone and tablet Apps to meet our client’s exact needs. We offer a tried and tested end-to-end service; from the ideas and requirements gathered in our discovery workshops, all the way up to a viable piece of software that will transform and support their business goals.
We’re on the lookout for a highly motivated Product Owner/Business Analyst looking to progress their career within our ever-growing industry sector. You will work autonomously within a small team environment across multiple software development projects.
Working with the internal project team and external stakeholders, you will translate the project’s system requirements into functional specifications, following the agile Scrum framework.
- Define system requirements by analysis and review of project documentation
- Plan and carry out Discovery workshops with project Stakeholders to fully understand their business, system and user needs.
- Translate requirements into high quality processes with lower level details ready for the UI Designer to implement wireframes and designs
- Prioritise requirements based on business priorities
- Work together with the UI Designer to review Wireframes and designs internally to ensure they are in line with the requirements before stakeholder review
- Work with the project stakeholders to review, and collect and log feedback on system design and development
- Create and Manage Product Backlog by adding lower level details into Epics and User Stories prioritised based on business needs, as well as logging new feature requests to ensure the projects are delivered within scope and on time.
- Carry out Backlog Grooming to ensure the Product Backlog and the items on it are up to date ready for the Sprint Planning sessions
- Work with the development team to ensure they fully understand the project requirements and priorities prior to implementation and during Sprint planning sessions
- Keep the project manager up to date on progress and report any known risks
- Business Analyst or Project Owner experience is essential
- You will work alongside the Head of Project Management, the Designer and Development team
- Take part in the following project meetings:
- Daily Stand ups - to enable the development team to present impediments, which could potentially block the progress.
- Backlog Grooming sessions - which presents opportunity to ensure each Product Backlog item contains the relevant details to give the development team
- Sprint planning and Review sessions - with the client and project team
- Provide regular updates to Project Manager ensuring the project is carried out to agreed schedule
- Carry out the analysis and evaluation of project requirements, defining system user processes, Product Backlog creation, Stakeholder communication
Required Qualities and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject
- Strong Interactive, team work and leadership skills
- A pro-active approach in controlling, organising and prioritising your work load throughout your day
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- A great problem solver
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- High attention to detail
- The ability to quickly understand overall changing demands of multiple projects
- You should also be keen to keep up to date on current methodologies ensuring that projects are tackled in the most effective ways possible.
- This role would suit someone with some experience in a similar role with a relevant interest in the software development arena using agile methodologies.
In return, you will:
- Be supported by a passionate, expert team
- Receive great benefits and holiday package
- Have an amazing opportunity to progress your career
- Be invited to ‘Pub Fridays’ every week
If this sounds like what you’re looking for – please get in touch, along with your Cover Letter and CV highlighting your skills and experience which illustrates your suitability for the role.